Top Ten Tuesday – Christmas Wish List (Dec 22)
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a different topic is posted inviting the participants to come up with a list of ten things to do with the topic.
This week’s topic is ‘Top Ten Books I Wouldn’t Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree This Year’. I haven’t posted here much for a while now, due to a number of reasons I won’t get into right now, but I thought this would be a fun topic to get restarted with.
Every year round about the end of September I give my family a wishlist of books that I wouldn’t mind getting for Christmas. Usually there are about 12 books on the list and I’m usually fortunate enough to get at least half of them. Even though I come up with this list, it’s still lots of fun on Christmas morning discovering which ones I actually received. This year I came up with an initial list of 12, then added another later on that I had forgotten about. So this week’s top ten will in fact be a top baker’s dozen!
- The Buried Giant – Kazuo Ishiguro
- Undermajordomo Minor – Patrick deWitt
- The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto – Mitch Albom
- Simply Good News – N.T. Wright
- Daddy Lenin And Other Stories – Guy Vanderhaeghe
- The Sherlock Holmes Book – DK Publishing
- A Hobbit, a Wardrobe, and a Great War – Joseph Loconte
- Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir – Stan Lee
- The Bazaar of Bad Dreams: Stories – Stephen King
- Yes, My Accent Is Real: And Some Other Things I Haven’t Told You – Kunal Nayyar
- Stitches: A Handbook On Meaning, Hope And Repair – Anne Lamott
- The Life You’ve Always Wanted: Spiritual Disciplines for Ordinary People – John Ortberg
- The Story of Kullervo – J.R.R. Tolkien
It’s quite a varied list and I look forward to reading some of these very soon!