Daily Archives: January 25, 2017
I missed out on posting this last week, so this will cover the last two weeks. WWW Wednesday is a weekly book meme hosted at Taking on a World of Words and I have decided to give it a go again. Here is what you have to do to participate:
Answer the three questions below and leave a link to your post in the comments section the host page for others to look at.
The Three Ws are:
What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you’ll read next?
I have three books on the go at the moment –
- Life of the Beloved: Spiritual Living in a Secular World by Henri J.M. Nouwen. This is the second book for this year’s Renovaré Book Club. I’m only reading small portions each week, but it’s a good way to read Nouwen.
- Orkney Twilight by Clare Carson. I’m half-way through this one and it is starting to get intriguing as things are starting to come together. I’m enjoying all the references to many of the familiar places I grew up around.
- Silence by Shusaku Endo. I want to read this before seeing the movie, but at the rate I’m going I’ll end up having to watch it on DVD!
I finished the following three books in the last couple of weeks:
- Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls by David Sedaris. I had started this one a while ago and figured it was time to finish it. Lots of great stories, any of which made me laugh.
- Rescuing Jesus: How People of Color, Women, and Queer Christians are Reclaiming Evangelicalism by Deborah Jian Lee. This was one of my Christmas gifts this year and it was a great read, with plenty to think about afterwards.
- The Case of Alan Turing: The Extraordinary and Tragic Story of the Legendary Codebreaker by Éric Liberge, Arnaud Delalande, David Homel (translation). I borrowed this graphic novel from the library and it was an short, but engaging, read.
I’m thinking that I’ll probably try Stardust by Neil Gaiman. It has been on my TBR list for too long.