Bookish (and not so bookish) thoughts (May 4)
I seem to have hit a kind of wall lately when it comes to updating this blog. I’m always looking for ways to kickstart it again and found this weekly meme, which might be a way to get things going again. It’s called ‘Bookish (and not so bookish) thoughts’ and is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. It just seems to be a list of updates and things from the previous week, some about books, some not. So I think I’ll give it a go and see what happens.
1. After a couple of slow months I think I’ve got my reading back on track again. I started off the new year pretty well, but somewhere in March things started to slow down a bit. Currently I’m enjoying Rob Bell’s How to Be Here, and am also finishing off a few others. I’m a little behind on a couple of my book challenges, but there’s nothing to worry about yet. It won’t take too much effort to catch up. The main thing is that I’m enjoying my reading again.
2. U2 announced yesterday what their special subscription gift is this year. It’s going to be The Joshua Tree Singles Vinyl Collection: 1987 & 2017, and it’ll be shipping out later this year. I’m looking forward to getting it then. Plus, it’s only 50 days until I see them in Toronto.
3. Finally Netflix put up some episodes of shows that I had been waiting for. I binge-watched season two of Better Call Saul in less than a week and I’m current getting through seasons 3 and 4 of Father Brown. I was disappointed that Netflix won’t be showing season 3 of Better Call Saul until next year, but I just discovered that the first four episodes are up on the AMC website for free (so I know what I’ll be watching for the next couple of days). *EDIT: I was only able to watch the first episode of the season for free. In order to watch the rest I would have to be subscribed to the channel on my cable service. Frustrated!*
4. Although my TBR pile keeps on growing, there’s a few good books coming out in the next couple of weeks that I’ll have to add to that pile. One that I’ll be getting for sure is Rob Bell’s What is The Bible? by Rob Bell. Hopefully I’ll be finished How to Be Here by then.
5. Today is, of course, May The Fourth day, when we celebrate all things Star Wars. With it being a week day we decided to hold off on watching anything Star Wars. Tomorrow night we are planning to at least watch Rogue One, which is fine because tomorrow is becoming known as Revenge of the Fifth day.
6. It was exciting watching the Leafs in the play-offs this year, even though they only lasted six games. Better days are ahead, I think. I’m not sure how much further the Raptors are going to go, as they are already 2 games down to the Cavaliers. Thankfully TFC are starting to find some rhythm now after a shaky start. They’re on a three game winning streak at the moment and it’s been great watching them recently. Thankfully Rangers first season back in the Scottish Premiership will be at an end soon. It’s been torture watching them recently, especially last Saturday’s game. Things can only get better and we’ll see if Pedro is the answer or not after the summer transfer window opens.
Posted on May 4, 2017, in basketball, blogging, bookish (and not so bookish) thoughts, books, football, hockey, life, MLS, NHL, reading, reading challenges, Rob Bell, TBR, TFC, The Bible, U2. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.