Category Archives: Edgar Allan Poe
It’s been a while, but it’s time to get back to this. Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a different topic is posted inviting the participants to come up with a list of ten things to do with the topic.
This week’s topic is ‘Top Ten Books On My Fall TBR List.’ Some of these I’ve had for a while; others I bought quite recently. Hopefully I’ll manage to get a few of these read before Christmas. Time will tell!
- Seven Brief Lessons on Physics – Carlo Rovelli
- Child of All Nations – Irmgard Keun
- My Brother My Sister – Molly Haskell
- On a Raven’s Wing: New Tales in Honor of Edgar Allan Poe – ed. Stuart M. Kaminsky
- The Divine Magician: The Disappearance of Religion and the Discovery of Faith – Peter Rollins
- A Long Obedience in the Same Direction – Eugene Peterson
- God in the Alley – Greg Paul
- The Divine Conspiracy – Dallas Willard
- The Wind Through the Keyhole – Stephen King
- A Tale of Two Cities (Graphic Novel) – David Zane Mairowitz, Robert Deas, Ryuta Osada
Bookmark Monday is a weekly meme hosted by Aloi from guiltless reading. Take a picture of one of your favourite bookmarks, post it on your blog, and head over to guiltless reading to share a to your post.
With Halloween coming this weekend it might be the opportunity to crack open the Penguin Classic, The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Writings by Edgar Allan Poe, that has been sitting unread for too long. What better bookmark than any of the following to go with it?